When deciding which professional cleaner to choose for your fine Oriental rugs, you want to make sure to find a specialist company that you can trust to do the job correctly. Here are a few questions that you can ask to ensure you hire a qualified company for your rug cleaning needs.
- How long have you been in rug cleaning industry and how much experience do your technicians have? Usually, the longer a company has been in business, the better. They probably have been doing things right to stay in business for as long as they have. Cleaning oriental rugs takes a high level of expertise that can only be acquired through years of experience. Make sure their rug technicians are also qualified when it comes to cleaning fine rugs.
- Is your company certified and insured? To gain certification as a qualified rug cleaning technician one must complete an array of testing and practice. Accidents can happen even to the best rug cleaning companies. Making sure they are insured will protect you from the financial implications of theft or accidental damage to your rug while it is in their possession.
- What services are included? Ask them to explain some of the steps of a standard rug cleaning. This will give you a general idea of what they will be doing for your rug. From here you will also be able to add certain optional services that you may need.
- How do you charge for your rug cleaning services? Do they charge by square metres or some other criteria? Is stain removal included? Is there a charge for extra services such as removing odours or fabric protection, and if so, how much? Requesting an itemized list of services and their corresponding prices will help you hugely should any billing confusion arise later. Always ask for a written price quote or estimate. This can save you a lot of headache if there are any problems after the fact.
- Can you offer any guarantees? What happens if you are not at all satisfied with their work? Most companies will be pretty accommodating if you are not satisfied with the results. Some will offer to redo the cleaning at no extra cost, include additional services at no extra cost, or give an additional discount. These will vary depending on the rug cleaning company.
You should hire a rug cleaning company only if these and any other questions you might have are answered to your satisfaction. Keeping your fine Oriental rugs in good condition at home and having a specialist professional cleaner give it a thorough full immersion washing once or twice a year are the secret to a long life for your rug.